Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas

Series: Throne of Glass # 0.1 - 0.5
Publication Date: March 4th 2014
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Amazon ~ Goodreads ~ B&N

Synopsis: Celaena Sardothien is Adarlan's most feared assassin. As part of the Assassin's Guild, her allegiance is to her master, Arobynn Hamel, yet Celaena listens to no one and trusts only her fellow killer-for-hire, Sam. In these action-packed novellas - together in one edition for the first time - Celaena embarks on five daring missions. They take her from remote islands to hostile deserts, where she fights to liberate slaves and seeks to avenge the tyrannous. But she is acting against Arobynn's orders and could suffer an unimaginable punishment for such treachery. Will Celaena ever be truly free? Explore the dark underworld of this kick-ass heroine to find out

My Rating: 5/5 stars

My Review: If you've read Throne of Glass and loved it, you have to read Assassin's Blade. And if you haven't read Throne of Glass.. what are you still doing here? Go read it!

The Assassin's Blade was the best book of short stories I have ever read. In the past I've stept away from books like this, but after reading The Assassin and the Pirate Lord,I knew I had to have this book and continue reading the rest.

I wont go over every single short story because they were all fantastic and I was so very impressed with all of them. I must say that The Assassin and the Desert was my favorite by far!! And my least favorite would have been The Assassin and the Underworld. But it's still absolutely amazing to read.

In reading these short stories you get to learn the reason behind some of the things Celaena does in the series, I wont spoil them for you, but you definitely get the sense of "OH so that's why she does this," and things like that.

You also get to meet Sam! And even though he's not Chaol, I was really impressed with him. And since I know what happens with him in the future, I was cheering him and Celaena on!!

If you haven't started the series. I would recommend reading Throne of Glass first, then this book of novellas and then continuing on with the rest of the books.

Thanks for reading,
Aneta

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...