Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Accession by Terah Edun

Series: Sarath Web #1
Publication Date: August 5th, 2014
Publisher: Amazon
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal
Amazon ~ Goodreads 

Synthesis: Sixteen-year-old Katherine Thompson wasn’t trained to rule a coven. That was her sister – perfect, beautiful Rose. But when a mysterious plane crash kills off the heir presumptive of the Sandersville coven she has no choice.

After stepping in to fill her sister’s shoes, Katherine realizes she didn’t have a clue – faery wars, depressed trolls and angry unicorns are just the beginning.

For centuries, her family has served the high Queens on both sides of the Atlantic but it is a well-known rule that mid-level witches stay away from high-level Queens.

But when Katherine’s youngest cousin vanishes without a trace in the Atlanta court and no one wants to investigate, Katherine decides to step into the darkness on her own. She will soon discover that nothing, especially in a queen's court, is as it seems.

My Rating: 1/5 stars

My Review: This book has been sitting on my Netgalley shelf for a long time. I've tried to start many times and I just couldn't get into it. Finally I decided to just read my way through it. Honestly I just ended up skimming most parts because I didn't find it interesting at all.

I could not connect with the main character. I didn't like her personality. I just found her to be immature and annoying. I didn't particularly like the way the author wrote the way she thinks out loud when she's alone, it just confused the reader.

The plot had a lot of potential. It was a really creative world, and if the writing had been better this could have been a good hit. I'm not sure if it was the fact that there was not a lot of action in the story, or if it was the excessive amounts of writing that just bored the reader.

I know this review is short, but like I said I ended up skimming most of this book just to get it over with. I would not recommend this book to other readers, especially if you love action and to the point plot.

- Aneta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...