Thursday, November 9, 2017

Book Tour & Review: The Night Realm by Annette Marie


The Night Realm
Annette Marie
Series: Spell Weaver #1
Published by: Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.
Publication date: October 20th 2017
Genres: Adult, Urban Fantasy
Synopsis: Clio is good at all sorts of things. As a nymph, she’s great at outdoorsy nature stuff. As a nymph living in exile, she’s got the “blending in with humans” thing down pat. As a nymph living in exile because she possesses the rare ability to mimic magic, she’s had to pick up some unique survival skills.
But stealing from the most dangerous spell weavers in the Underworld? Not so much.
Unfortunately, that’s exactly what she has to do to earn a ticket back home. Conning her way into the night realm may have gone pretty well, but now she’s got a new problem. His name is Lyre and he’s a sinfully alluring incubus, a dangerously skilled spell weaver, and the only thing standing between her and stealing some damn magic.
Maneuvering around him without blowing her cover shouldn’t be that difficult, but chaos has been dogging her every step, monsters hide behind beautiful faces, and Lyre keeps saving her neck even though they’re enemies. Kind of enemies? Either way, her mission is getting complicated fast, and in the Underworld, even one mistake could prove fatal.

My Rating
4/5 stars

My Review
The Night Realm is absolutely amazing. It was funny, engaging, action packed and the romance was to die for. Reading this book makes me want to start the Steel & Stone series right away.

All Cleo wants to do is to return to her home. Exile was fun for a while, but now she would do anything to get back, and the only way she hows how is to please her half-brother Bastian. So when Bastian gives Cleo a mission to go to the Underworld and use her powers to steal spells, Cleo can't say no, even though its a mission she might not get back from.

I ended up finishing this book in one day, mostly because I was hooked right from the start. Chapter one already has tons of action that makes you want to read more, and the best part was that the chapters to come after weren't full of information loading. The story had a lovely pace, where it was fast enough to keep the reader engaged in the story, but it also contained the perfect amount of dialogue and romance.

I've come to the conclusion that Annette Marie can't make a character that I don't love. I fell in love with Cleo right from the beginning. She's really funny and very clumsy at times, but is also very powerful, but she doesn't have an arrogant side to her with all the power she carries. She is honestly such an enjoyable character! You just can't help but love her.

Since I haven't read the Steel & Stone series, this was my first time meeting Lyre. All I can say is that I'm picking up Steel & Stone right away because I need more Lyre in my life. He easily became one of my favourite characters. I couldn't help but swoon, he is just perfection. The best part about his character is that you basically have an opinion about him from the beginning, but then you realize that his story goes much deeper, and that when I really started to like his point of view. He is everything I could ever want in a male main character.

Annette Marie is a master in world building. The world she created is absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to find out more about it.

Overall, I absolutely loved this book and will definitely continue on with this series as well as start the Steel & Stone series to get my fix before the next book comes out. If you've enjoyed Annette Marie's books so far you will love this one, and if this is your first one then you are in for an enjoyable ride. 


Author Bio:
Annette Marie is the author of the Amazon best-selling Steel & Stone series, which includes Goodreads Choice Award nominee Yield the Night, and fantasy trilogy Red Winter. Her first love is fantasy, but fast- paced urban fantasy and tantalizing forbidden romances are her guilty pleasures. She lives in the frozen winter wasteland of Alberta, Canada (okay, it's not quite that bad) with her comparatively sensible husband and their furry minion of darkness—sorry, cat—Caesar. When not writing, she can be found elbow-deep in one art project or another while blissfully ignoring all adult responsibilities.

XBTBanner1

4 comments:

  1. Great review, Aneta! This sounds so well written and full of personality! Glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you loved this one! Characters are the main reason I love books so it's great that you love all of them in this book.

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I feel like if I can't connect with the characters then I wont enjoy the book as much.
      Thank for visiting Brittany.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...