Thursday, November 21, 2013

Silevethiel by Andi O'Connor

Series: The Vaelinel Trilogy #1
Published: November 26th 2013

Goodreads Review : Following her father’s murder, Princess Irewen Donríel is betrayed and left for dead in the forests of Mistwood. Rescued by the elf prince, Laegon Elendell, Irewen awakes an exile with no home, no country, and no people. But as the horrific memories of murder and betrayal return, she realizes the nightmare is only beginning. 

The world of Vaelinel is failing—its fate bound to her in ways no one fully understands. A mysterious elven prophecy may provide her with some answers, but continuously hunted and fighting for her life, Irewen quickly learns that unearthing the truth will be more difficult than she ever imagined. Can she accept Laegon’s love and the friendship of the Wood Elves, or will she stand alone against the terrifying evil now threatening to destroy the entire world?

My Rating : 5/5 stars

My Review : I loved this book right from the start! If you are an animal lover, or a huge fan of Lord of the Rings. You have to read this book! I guarantee you will love it.

Her father is murdered, and she is betrayed by her cousin. Poisoned, left in the cold winter snow to die, the helpless princess Irewen is found by the elf prince Laegon and his lion Guardian Brégen. They are able to save her with the help of Silevethiel, a beautiful white lioness who is the leader of the Guardians. Irewen must find the truth to her heritage, if she has any hopes of defeating her cousin, and taking back her throne.

I was amazed at how good this book was. There was a fast start to the book, and lots of action in every chapter. The awesome thing about this was that I was never bored while reading, but I do wish that there was more of a description about her life before the king was murdered, just to see what it was like. 
The whole idea with having the Guardians and Protectors was just pure genius! To people who love animals, especially lions, this is like a dream come true. I love how the Protector and the Guardian were acting as one, they can talk to the lion, they gather strength from them, and its like having your best friend with you 24-7. 
The characters were really amazing! Laegon reminded me of Legolas from Lord of the Rings, but of course he has short black hair rather than long white hair. Reading about him was really awesome, not only is he a kind person, but he is also a great fighter. He is smart enough to know when to attack and how, and does not lack the power to do so. I would love to have a guy like him to protect me!
Irewen was also an amazing character, seeing her go from the shy little girl, who only talked to her father, to this powerful leader who wants to learn how to fight and wont give up.

This book was such a pleasure to read, I honestly cant wait till the next book comes out. I can tell you for sure that I'll be waiting in line to buy it. 

I want to thank Purple Sun Press and NetGalley for giving me this oppertunity to read this book before the publishing date and write a review about it. I also want to thank the author for writing such an amazing book. I hope to see more from this author. 

Happy Reading, I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.

Silevethiel (The Vaelinel Trilogy, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...