Monday, November 7, 2016

Review: A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd

Series: The Madman's Daughter #3
Publication Date: January 27th 2015
Publisher: Blazer + Bray
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Amazon ~ Goodreads ~ B&N

Synopsis: With inspiration from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, this breathless conclusion to the Madman's Daughter trilogy explores the things we'll sacrifice to save those we love ...even our own humanity. Juliet has killed the men who tried to steal her father's research and escaped to a remote estate on the Scottish moors. Owned by the enigmatic Elizabeth von Stein, the mansion is full of unexplained oddities: dead bodies in the basement, secret passages, and fortune-tellers who seem to know Juliet's secrets. This is not the safe haven Juliet was searching for. As she uncovers the truth about the manor's long history of scientific experimentation - and her own intended role in it - Juliet is forced to determine where the line falls between right and wrong, life and death, magic and science. She must decide if she'll follow her father's dark footsteps or her mother's tragic ones - or make her own. 


My Rating
5/5 stars

My Review

“Sometimes you remind me so much of your father it's frightening.” 


I was so excited to find out what happened to the rest of the story, that I didn't realize how much I'll miss these characters once the series is over.



After the conclusion from Her Dark Curiosity, Juliet, Montgomery, Edward, Balthazar and Lucy are travelling to Elizabeth's estate to escape the police chasing them for the murder that Juliet committed. Just when Juliet thought that she could outrun her father's past, Elizabeth names her heir to the estate, along with the journals of Victor Frankenstein, and the science that goes with bringing one back from the dead. 



I am so sad this series is over, but I am very happy with the ending. There were no loose ends, the storyline was always exciting, and (almost) everyone got their happy ending.



I will always have a soft spot for Juliet, I love her passion and curiosity for science, and I admire that she chooses to do it in a safe and humane way. Throughout the book, Juliet is still facing her internal struggles of trying not to be like her father, and remaining a good person, with new internal struggles of finding right from wrong, and when its sometimes right to do the wrong thing.



I've never been a huge fan of Lucy, she was just kind of there in the back during the first two books, I kind of ignored her most of the time. She was definitely more present in this book and I'm not sure if I liked it or not. I love her support for Edward, its wonderful how much she cares about him but she is also very emotional and doesn't think rationally, which sometimes comes back to bite her in the ass.



I've always loved Balthazar, but my love for him in this book has grown so much! He's so cute and loyal, I wish I had him as a friend.



If you loved the other two books in the series, you will love the conclusion to the series. It still has that dark and twisted feeling to the book, but with new plot and an even more exciting storyline.



Happy Reading,

Aneta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...