Saturday, September 2, 2017

August Wrap-Up

Hello everyone. This year I've decided to update you guys with a monthly wrap-up, where I let you know everything that has been happening on Angelic Book Reviews this past month.

What Happened This Month
My July was absolutely hectic. Working three jobs definitely took its toll on me, since I worked every single day of August except for three days that I booked off from all of the jobs. I celebrated my birthday on August 10th, and now I'm officially 21. Now I can finally drink alcohol in the states when I go down there. The weekend of my birthday, me and few close friends went out to my best friend's cabin, and we had a lovely weekend filled with swimming, kayaking, and of course partying. Now with school just around the corner, I've handed in my resignations to all jobs except for my favourite, and I'm so happy to get a few days of freedom before I go back to university.  How was your August?

Books Reviewed This Month

Frostblood by Elly Blake | Rating: 4/5 stars
My Lady Jane | Rating: 5/5 stars


13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough | Rating: 5/5 stars


Fireblood by Elly Blake | Rating 4/5 stars

Reading Challenge Progress
Goodreads Reading Challenge: 67/80 books read
Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge: 26/25 books read
Audiobook Challenge: 15/10 audiobooks

Did you have a good August?

22 comments:

  1. Wow look at those ratings - you had an amazing reading month :)
    And happy birthday! It sounds like you had an awesome, fun time.

    Enjoy those last days of freedom before starting school again!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! And wow I didn't even notice. No wonder it was a good month :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!!
    You are smashing your reading challenges! That's awesome. :D Happy to see you gave 4 stars to Fireblood! I'm hopefully going to read it before the years end. :) My August was pretty good, but hectic. I started university on the 19th, so that's been my life. It's my first year too, so it's a lot to get used to! But I'm finding my groove. :)

    Hope you have another awesome reading month! And hopefully a less stressful one. :)

    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck on your first year. Its definitely the most challenging year, but once you get into it you'll be a pro.
      Thanks for visiting Genni :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Three jobs! Glad you are taking a much needed break!


    Here’s my August Monthly Wrap Up!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read My Lady Jane and Frostblood! I'm glad you enjoyed them both. I had an awesome August. The best books I read this month were Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie. Great mystery book, I would highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started re-reading HP but I didn't have enough time to finish all the books this summer. Maybe over Christmas break I will :)
      Thanks for visiting Sophie

      Delete
  5. Congrats on getting some time off and good luck with school! 13 Minutes looks really interesting! I'm off to look that one up now!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic! Definitely recommend that one.

      Delete
  6. I had three jobs at one point in college. It is a lot to manage and it gets tiring. I'm glad you had a few days to yourself and you've got a reprieve coming up with school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad someone understands!! It definitely gets exhausting quickly. Good think it was only for the summer.
      Thanks for visiting Charlie

      Delete
  7. Oh wow, 3 jobs. I can't even imagine how you managed all of that and still read and everything else. I hope you had a great birthday August 10th. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you found "You Bring the Distant Near" slow--it looked promising!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, 3 jobs? I don’t think I could survive that. I hope you’re having a great September!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much AJ. So far its been pretty good :)

      Delete
  10. Gosh, I'm visiting this linkup so late! I am having a very busy month.
    Congrats on turning 21 :) you have some great books there! I hope your September is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. September is flying by! I'm late to comment--your August was amazing and you're doing so well on your challenges. Three jobs and still finding time to read and blog is quite an accomplishment. I hope your school year goes well. Happy 21st!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...