Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Review: 13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough

Publication Date: October 3rd 
Publisher: Flatiron Books 
Genre: YA, Mystery, Thriller 
Amazon ~ Goodreads ~ TBD


Synopsis: I was dead for 13 minutes.

I don't remember how I ended up in the icy water but I do know this - it wasn't an accident and I wasn't suicidal.

They say you should keep your friends close and your enemies closer, but when you're a teenage girl, it's hard to tell them apart. My friends love me, I'm sure of it. But that doesn't mean they didn't try to kill me. Does it?

My Rating
5/5 stars

My Review
It's been two days since I've finished this book, and I can't stop thinking about it. I haven't even been able to pick up another book, because I just want to re-read this one. This book was absolutely amazing, I loved the mystery and the ending. This book leaves such a lasting impression, its wonderful.

Tasha was dead for 13 minutes. Thankfully a man walking his dog found her and was able to pull her out of the water. The only problem is, that Tasha can't remember anything a day and a half before the accident. With her best friends acting strange, a former best friend trying to rekindle their friendship and the whole school watching, Tasha has no clue whether what happened to her was an accident, or if someone had tried to murder her.

While the story is about Tasha, the main character is Becca Crisp, Tasha's former best friend a few years ago before Becca was outcast from the group for being too fat. We essentially get to read from both girl's point of view, and I have to say I enjoyed both equally. While I loved Becca's character because she was so real and interesting, I also enjoyed Tasha's point of view because it was really different and it made the story so much better. 

Everything about this book was fantastic, the storyline, the action, the characters and even the romance. One of the things I hate the most is when stories have a happy ending regarding the romance, I swear it happens in almost every book, so watching the main character break up with her boyfriend and finally get over him and move on was absolutely amazing. This is the kind of character development I love, where the character decides that yeah she messed up, but she's also awesome and she deserves to be happy. 

The mystery aspect was great. Half of the time I'm able to guess who the killer is and be right about it from the beginning, well that wasn't the case in this book. I didn't figure out who the killer was until about 2-3 chapters before the author made it very clear on who it was. Now that I think about it, it was pretty obvious on who it was right from the beginning, there were definitely signs pointing towards this person, yet I considered every single person before them.

I seriously hope this book gets a lot my hype in the future, because it definitely deserves it. The characters, the mystery, the plot, and the action, I'd give them all an A+. I will be passing around my copy of the book to all of my friends because I need more people to read this book so that I can talk about it with them.

Happy Reading,
Aneta

1 comment:

  1. This sounds very good!! I'm going to add it to my TBR, you made me curious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...