Saturday, October 26, 2013

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Book One in Hunger Games Series

Goodreads Review : Katniss, 16, takes her sister's place in the televised annual Hunger Games, competing against Peeta, the boy who gave them bread to survive after their father died. The cruel Capitol forces each of 12 districts to submit a boy and girl 12-18, to fight to the death. Only one can survive and be rewarded. President Snow manipulates behind the scenes.

My Rating : 5/5 stars.

My Review : I originally read this book like a week before the movie came out! Now how do you review a book that everyone knows about?
Well I personally loved the book and the movie equally! The book was so good, mostly because you can get inside Katniss's head and you can tell what shes thinking and feeling. There's also more detail to everything, especially her life before the hunger games. The movie was also very good, I loved seeing it come to life and actually meet my expectations. The action, the sound, the characters, they were all just perfect. I also loved how they decided to show more of the Game maker's side, and how they worked during the Hunger Games, I thought that was cool to see.
The only thing that made me mad about the difference in the movie and book was a certain character they didn't show. Madge was the initial person who gave Katniss the mockingjay pin. She is a really important character in the last book. It made me mad when they didn't add her the movie, because it means they will most likely either add her at the end, or rewrite the original ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...