Saturday, October 26, 2013

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Book Two in Divergent Series

Goodreads Review : One choice can transform you, or destroy you.

Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

My Rating : 4/5 stars.

My Review : I definitely had mixed emotions about this book. It was really good, but definitely not as good as Divergent.
Erudite has taken control over all the factions and the factionless. Abnegation has fallen, and Dauntless is just a mess. The main characters travel to a lot of different places in short amounts of time, which leads this book to be all over the place and jump from scene to scene. It was lovely getting to know the other factions that weren't really described in the previous books, but I felt like the characters were there too short for me to completely understand the faction. 
Tris and Four's relationship made me kind of angry. I know based on personal experiences that no relationship is perfect, there will always be fights and drama. But there was definitely too much of it in this book. I started hating every single moment they were fighting, which was a lot, and the scenes where they made up just didn't feel real enough. They were working against each other most of the time, instead of working together to solve their problems.
This book definitely had a lot of twists and turns, and it was pretty exciting. I would still recommend reading this book, but don't expect it to be as good as Divergent, you will get your hopes up. 
I'm hoping the next book is really amazing and blows my socks off. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...