Friday, September 8, 2017

Review: Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco

Series: Stalking Jack the Ripper #2
Publication Date: September 19th 2017
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
Genre: YA, Historical Fiction
Amazon ~ Goodreads ~ TBD

Synopsis: In this hotly anticipated sequel to the haunting #1 bestseller Stalking Jack the Ripper, bizarre murders are discovered in the castle of Prince Vlad the Impaler, otherwise known as Dracula. Could it be a copycat killer...or has the depraved prince been brought back to life?

Following the grief and horror of her discovery of Jack the Ripper's true identity, Audrey Rose Wadsworth has no choice but to flee London and its memories. Together with the arrogant yet charming Thomas Cresswell, she journeys to the dark heart of Romania, home to one of Europe's best schools of forensic medicine...and to another notorious killer, Vlad the Impaler, whose thirst for blood became legend.

But her life's dream is soon tainted by blood-soaked discoveries in the halls of the school's forbidding castle, and Audrey Rose is compelled to investigate the strangely familiar murders. What she finds brings all her terrifying fears to life once again.

My Rating
5/5 stars

My Review
Hunting Prince Dracula was absolutely stunning. I loved this book so much, it was just as good as the first one, if not better. I’m already dying to read the next book.

After the death of her brother and the haunting past of the Jack the Ripper case, Audrey Rose cant shake the feeling that she’s being watched. It doesn’t help that now shes living in Dracula’s castle where she has to battle for a spot to attend one of the best medical schools. When a new murderer starts killing students and villagers, and draining them of blood, everyone believes that Dracula has come back to life and is taking his revenge. Could Prince Dracula be immortal, or is someone murdering people in his name.

I forgot how much I adore Audrey Rose. I love her strong personality, she’s not afraid to be a feminist in a time where it was quite scandalous for a woman to act this way, but that doesn’t stop her. She tells people exactly how it is, she won’t let a man undermine her and she is not afraid to outsmart anyone in her class. Honestly I wish that Audrey Rose was a real person, because I would love to be best friends with her.

Her romance with Thomas is as wonderful as ever. This book definitely didn’t have second book syndrome, and their romance was basically the same as from the first book, but slowly moving forward.

The thing I love most about this series is the fact that it always manages to surprise me. I have so many guesses to who the killer really is, but the author always manages to lead me away form the true killer and think “No way it could be this person,” I love it. I’m always pleasantly surprised at how the mystery turns out. 

Overall, I love this series so much. I highly recommend it to everyone, whether you love contemporary, fantasy, or mystery this will be a series you love. I cannot wait for the next book to come out.

Happy Reading,
Aneta

4 comments:

  1. AHHH I'm so glad you loved this book! It was so good ^_^ I feel like Audrey stood out more in this book than in the first book where Thomas shined a bit more but they are both so adorable and I can't wait for the next book!

    Great review,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I completely agree! Audrey definitely gained some guts and took control in this book. I'm so excited for the next book as well, especially with that hint at the end of the book.
      Thanks for reading my review Brittany :)

      Delete
  2. I seriously need to read Stalking Jack the Ripper! The series gets such good reviews, and I don't know what holding me back. (I actually do...the books are never available at my library and there is a HUGE waiting list!) It's great to hear that this doesn't suffer from second book syndrome! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I totally know your problem. I waited for Caraval from the library for like two months, and when it finally came in, I was too busy to read it. Hopefully you find a way to read these books eventually, I'm sure you'll love them :)
      Thank for visiting Genni :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...